Warning: This online energy game is not much fun — and kinda dumb, too

Posted on

"Warning: This online energy game is not much fun — and kinda dumb, too"

But what would you expect from an oil company?

And I’m not just saying this because I only scored 10,156th out of 46,810 players on my third try.

On the postive side, the game seems to push energy efficiency and renewable energy.

On the minus side, Chrevon — and The Economist – seem unaware that hydrogen is not a primary energy source. Also, they include oil shale, which is an even less likely energy source than hydrogen, if that’s possible.

« »

3 Responses to Warning: This online energy game is not much fun — and kinda dumb, too

  1. IANVS says:

    After powering up Bishop, CA, with 75% hydro, the game would only offer biomass or fossil fuels as option for the remaining 25%. Nope, no windpower.

    After adding 12.5% biomass, the game offers petroleum as sole option for last 12.5%.

    What company did you say sponsors this game?

  2. IANVS says:

    Rank = 1065/47009
    Score = 692,893,291

    50% Hydro
    25% Solar
    8.3% Petroleum
    8.3% Biomass
    8.3% Hydrogen
    0% Fusion
    0% MHD :)

  3. Ronald Lindeman says:

    I got 19547 the first time.