2 Responses to Australian Report: The dry will get drier
The report by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization and the Bureau of Meteorology titled, “Climate Change in Australia” projects that:
- decreases in annual average rainfall are likely in southern Australia – rainfall is likely to decrease in southern areas during winter, in southern and eastern areas during spring, and along the west coast during autumn.
- droughts are likely to become more frequent, particularly in the south-west
- evaporation rates are likely to increase, particularly in the north and east.
- high-fire-danger weather is likely to increase in the south-east
- tropical cyclones are likely to become more intense
- sea levels will continue to rise.
Let’s hope this is enough to spur them to action. Too bad the Bush administration has, unlawfully, blocked a similar assessment for this country.