"Citizens Lead for Energy Action Now (CLEAN)"
Well, they dropped a bundle to get a quarter-page “Clean Power” ad in the Washington Post (page A21 today) so the least I can do is give them a shout out on Climate Progress.
CLEAN is a “clean power and coalfield state grassroots organization” circulating a comprehensive national “call to action” on energy policy that includes:
- a five-year moratorium on new coal-fired power plants
- increased investments and tax credits for stepped-up renewable energy production
- greater emphasis on energy efficiency in all new construction
- a sharp jump in federal mile per gallon (MPG) fuel efficiency standards
- changes in personal energy consumption patterns.
And a lot more — you can read the long version of the call to action text here.
Glad to see more groups joining the fight to conserve a livable climate.