"Webcast hearing 9:30 am est: National Security Implications of Global Climate Change."
Joint Hearing Between House Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming and House Intelligence Community Management (ICM) Subcommittee
This hearing will be WEBCAST Live -please CLICK HERE to watch.
On Wednesday, June 25, the House Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming and the Intelligence Community Management (ICM) Subcommittee, will hold a joint hearing on “National Security Implications of Global Climate Change.” Members will hear and discuss the results of the first-ever U.S. Government analysis of the security threats posed by global warming.
WHAT: Joint Hearing on the National Security Implications of Global Warming
WHERE: 210 Cannon House Office Building, Washington, DC
WHEN: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 9:30 AM
- Dr. Thomas Fingar, Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Analysis and Chairman of the National Intelligence Council
- Mr. Rolf Mowatt-Larsen, Director, Intelligence and Counterintelligence, U.S. Department of Energy
- Rt. Hon. Margaret Beckett, MP, Former Foreign Minister of the United Kingdom
- VADM Paul Gaffney, President, Monmouth University and Former President, National Defense University
- Dr. Kent Hughes Butts, Professor of Political-Military Strategy, Center for Strategic Leadership, U.S. Army War College
- Marlo Lewis, Senior Fellow, Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Lee Lane, Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute