"Sierra Club: Coal Is Not The Answer"
The Sierra Club has launched CoalIsNotTheAnswer.org, which debunks the multimillion propaganda campaign by the American Council for Clean Coal Electricity to greenwash coal.
The coal industry has spent over $40 million on misleading advertising that touts coal as the next great thing to solve the energy crisis. It’s time for a reality check. We will not stand by idly as they spew their propaganda.
The Sierra Club’s website and the accompanying video brilliantly eviscerate ACCCE’s lies. Watch it:
The Sierra Club’s campaign joins earlier efforts to combat the propaganda coming from this greenhouse pollution industry. Greenpeace, the Rainforest Action Network, and DeSmogBlog teamed up to launch Coal Is Dirty.com back in May.
See also some of the Wonk Room’s exposure of the truth about coal since this site’s launch in March:
- ACCCE’s $40 Million ‘Clean Coal’ Lie
- McCain Confuses Coal With ‘Clean Coal’ In New Ads
- Al Gore: ‘Clean Coal’s Like Healthy Cigarettes’
- McCain: New Coal Plants ‘Will Increase Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dramatically’
- Biden: ‘No Coal Plants Here In America’
- McCain: ‘I Do’ Support An End To Mountain-Top Removal, But Coal Companies Also ‘Doing A Much Better Job’
- Coal Crimes: Saving The Planet Or Blowing It Up
- Report: King Coal And Big Oil Unite To Buy The Future, Spending More Than Two Million Dollars A Day
- The Coal Time Bomb Is Ticking
- Newt’s ‘American Solutions’ Is A Front Group For King Coal
- Polluter Profits Surge On ‘High Crimes Against Humanity’
- Democratic Senators Make Pollution Lobbyist Demands
- Coal Industry Launches Full-Scale Attack Against Climate Legislation
- Coal Industry Sponsors CNN, CNN Praises Coal
- CNN Goes Nuts For Coal
- Coal’s Front Group Gets A New Name: American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity (ACCCE)
- Coal-Sponsored CNN Promotes Climate Killer Coal Technology
- Democratic Candidates, in Coal Country, Wax Enthusiastic About Coal