"Protecting polar bears gets in way of drilling for oil, says governor [Palin]"
That headline from The Times of London is featured in a terrific new ad from the Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund:
Still, you can’t say the Governor’s efforts to accelerate the extinction of Ursus maritimus means that she has no positive feelings toward them, since she does wears a polar bear pin, as part of her new $150,000 wardrobe.
Defenders of Wildlife (DoW) received a lot of attention and online contributions after their previous ad drew attention to Palin’s policy to slaughter wolves from helicopters (see Palin “champions … savagery”). On the new ad, DoW explains:
“Sarah Palin’s active opposition to protections for polar bears is yet another example of her inability to listen and act upon scientific facts and evidence,” said Defenders Action Fund president, Rodger Schlickeisen. “This is very reminiscent of the Bush administration, and especially Dick Cheney, but in this case even the Bush Interior Department admits that the polar bear requires these protections.”
And yes, “The voiceover for the TV ad was provided by actor and activist, Ashley Judd.”
Kudos to Defenders of Wildlife for calling out Palin again.
- Palin’s axis of evil animals: Beluga whales join polar bears and wolf cubs
- McCain VP Palin is a global-warming-denying, polar-bear-dissing, Pat Buchanan acolyte
- Bye-polar Kempthorne: Polar bear IS endangered, but “Rule will allow continuation of vital energy production in Alaska”
- Will polar bears go extinct by 2030? — Part II
- Will polar bears go extinct by 2030? — Part I