"Adaptation update: Life vests for polar bears"
An award-winning Swedish design firm, ADDI, has a novel plan to save the polar bears from the loss of their Arctic ice habitat:
A dog who lives most of its days carried around in an expensive handbag, doesn’t need a cammoflague hoddie and a small cap over its ears. There are a few others who we should give at least the same attention.
This concept is not a solution for the endangered species, Its purpose is to show one of the many areas where people could have done something good with our knowledge, [but] instead we keep our eyes closed. Hopefully you won’t support cheap crap anymore, [and] save your money for those who really need to be saved.
The Polar bears are drowning because of the ice that are melting. They have to swim up to 100 km to find food. Global warming needs to be stopped.
Still, it’s just the kind of thing Sarah Palin might glom onto (see “Protecting polar bears gets in way of drilling for oil, says governor [Palin]“).
- Will polar bears go extinct by 2030? — Part
- Will polar bears go extinct by 2030? — Part II
- NSIDC stunner: Arctic ice at “Likely Record-Low Volume”
- Bye-polar Kempthorne: Polar bear IS endangered, but “Rule will allow continuation of vital energy production in Alaska”
- Bush launches Unendangered Species List, phones “Rename the Polar Bear” winner
- More Humor: George Bush, Climate Activist
- Polar Bears “Endangered” by Global Warming
- Must See TV: Ice Ice Maybe (not)
- Arctic ice loss is “stunning” — total loss possible by 2030, scientists warn