9 Responses to Media advisory: Press breakfast Wed. March 11 with Sen. Sanders, Greenpeace, and me in DC
***Wednesday, March 11TH, 9:00 am***
Greenpeace Report: How to Solve Global Warming for Half the Cost and Twice the Jobs as Dirty Energy
Blueprint Cuts U.S. Energy Pollution 85% by 2050 without Nuclear Power or Coal
WHAT: On Wednesday, March 11, U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Greenpeace and the European Renewable Energy Council will release a report commissioned from the German Aerospace Center (the German equivalent of NASA) that shows how the United States can achieve big reductions in global warming pollution — and do it without nuclear power or coal. The report includes a foreword by Dr. RK Pachauri, chairman of the Nobel Prize-winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
The report finds that currently available, off-the-shelf clean energy technology can cut U.S. carbon dioxide emissions from current levels by 24% by 2020 and 85% by 2050 — and do it at half the cost and with twice the job creation of what it would take to achieve these reductions with nuclear power and other dangerous energy sources.
The blueprint details the specific technologies and investments necessary to achieve these goals, and includes timetables for their deployment.
- Senator Bernie Sanders, Chairman, Senate Green Jobs and New Economy Subcommittee
- Sven Teske, Greenpeace International Renewable Energy Director and co-lead author of the upcoming IPCC special report on renewable energies
- Dr. Arthouros Zervos, President, European Renewable Energy Council
- Dr. Joseph Romm, Center for American Progress Senior Fellow and Former Assistant Energy Secretary
- Steven Biel, Greenpeace U.S. Global Warming Campaign Director
WHEN: Wednesday, March 11, 9 am — 10 am
WHERE: Old Ebbitt Grill, Cabinet Room (675 15th St. NW, Washington, DC 20005)
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A complimentary breakfast buffet will be provided for all media in attendance.
Bloggers are welcome.