So what are you thankful for?

"So what are you thankful for?"

For me, it’s easily summed up in one Time magazine photo:

How about you?

8 Responses to So what are you thankful for?

1. Nancy says:

I’m thankful for people like you, Bill McKibben, Jim Hansen and all the climate activists who are determined to make a difference. I’m thankful for all the regular posters – never meeting them (except Gail!) but identifying with them in their passion, frustration and commitment. Without your blog, it would be easy to give up hope.

Happy Thanksgiving, Joe! Take the day off…..it’s going to get even busier in the coming months.

2. Leif says:

Thank you Joe. Well said Nancy.
    This site is indeed a breath of fresh air.
    Have an IMPACT this week and write the President some words of encouragement.
    If you think it is tough out there, put yourself in his shoes for a moment.
    Live simply, so others can simply live.
    Best wishes all, Leif

3. Greg N says:

I’m thankful you lot elected Obama and gave us this chance.

4. Marie says:

Thank you, Joe! And thank you to all the scientists who are increasingly speaking up, without mincing words. I am grateful that the climate change dialogue is in a much different place today here in the U.S., and even abroad, than it was a year ago. Many are starting to take climate change seriously. This gives me hope, despite the distance we have to go.

Happy Thanksgiving! And thanks, Bill, for organizing the 350 demonstrations and the upcoming vigils.

5. Rachel says:

You are among the top things for which I am grateful this year. Your persistent advocacy for accuracy and optimism in this work have transformed my work on climate and I’m sure many others’. You make it easy to be well informed and upbeat. Thank you. I know you work constantly; you make a huge difference and I am deeply grateful to you.

6. Roger says:

What climate hero Nancy, and Leif, the wise man of the west, said.

More than thankful, I’m grateful for every climate-concerned citizen who has participated in the IMPACT Program taking place this week. Our first objective was to get President Obama to join other climate-concerned countries’ leaders in Copenhagen. (Mission accomplished!)

Our second objective is to get President Obama to help save the climate for the kids by doing the two things that only he, as the leader of the free world, can do:

1) Go on prime-time, national TV to explain to Joe the plumber (and Mary, his wife) why every red-blooded American should be calling their senator to urge passage of a bill that enable America to lead the new energy revolution that will preserve American prosperity, and break our habit of sending billions of oil dollars to foreigners who screw us.

2) For those who miss his speech, find funding to put prime-time TV, radio and print ads into the MSM, carrying his message to the masses.
    These media revenues will not only help get this vital message out to those who are misinformed about energy by profit-hungry fossil fuel-friendly folks, they will also allow the MSM the freedom to resist the funds that encourage them to participate in the misinformation campaign.

To have an IMPACT, go to http://www.whitehouse.gov and leave a message asking for the above two small steps for a man–yet two giant steps for mankind. On workdays, 9 to 5, call the White House comment line at 202-456-1111 and state the above requests to the courteous, helpful volunteers who will make note of your comments and pass them on.

Finally, I’m gratified to live in this time and place–having an opportunity, with Joe’s and readers’ help, to turn the tide toward the timely preservation of our planet, keeping a climate that will, we hope, be very similar to the one which enabled humans to evolve.

7. Rabid Doomsayer says:

I do not know how you stay so upbeat when time is so short and the flat earth society so successful.

Keep up the good work. Loosing this fight is not an option.

8. ken levenson says:

My daughters: Amelia, 3 and Isobel, 6 months. And I’m thankful for everyone fighting for all our childen’s future.