No, really you can’t make this stuff up — unless you are an anti-science disinformer like Monckton. Straight from “FreedomWorks” Tabitha Hale:
As you have probably surmised, there will be a large round of Tea Parties coming up on April 15th. There will be large names, even larger crowds — and honestly, organizers would be unable to stop people from coming if they wanted to at this point. I will be speaking in Atlanta, and the FreedomWorks event in DC has a fantastic line-up including Lord Monckton, Andrew Breitbart, and Ron Paul.
That’s right. The original Tea Party was aimed at freeing us from the rule and influence of the British monarachy. But the Tea Partiers — who are unburdened by both irony and historical knowledge — have asked a British peer, The Viscount Monckton of Brenchley (TVMOB), to speak at two Tax Day Tea Parties!
[Please note that the picture on the right is not TVMOB nor do I think he would ever participate in this.]
For the record, of all the disinformers in the world, TVMOB is one of the most grotesque liars. Rather than being given a platform, he should be widely condemned for his extremist hate speech:
- Lord Monckton meltdown: “I’m not going to shake the hands of Hitler youth.”
- TVMOB hate speech shocker: Lord Monckton repeats and expands on his charge that those who embrace climate science are “Hitler youth” and fascists.
- TVMOB shocker: Activists decried as “Hitler Youth” for crashing Americans For Prosperity’s global warming event in Copenhagen
- Irony-gate: Viscount Monckton, a British peer, says his paper was peer-reviewed by a scientist.
- How to diss-a-peer: Real Climate Scientists take on TVMOB
- Deltoid at ScienceBlogs: Monckton’s triple counting and here.
TVMOB’s hate speech is, of course, supported by the AFP aka the Koch Brothers!
Since Tea Partiers don’t want to be taken seriously, how about coming up with some humor:
- The Tea Party movement has outsourced the job of denying climate science to a foreigner!
- No disinformation without representation!
- Your joke here!