Count on Dave for some gallows humor:
TOP TEN BP EXCUSES
10. The Gulf of Mexico was overdue for its 3,000-mile oil change.
9. We promise we’ll get around to it by Labor Day.
8. Relax, it’s only leaking 210,000 gallons a day.
7. Giving everyone a free BP travel mug.
6. Louisiana hasn’t had a disaster in 5 years.
5. Guy from Goldman Sachs said it would make money.
4. Blame FEMA.
3. Did you hear Ricky Martin’s gay?
2. Blame Toyota.
1. Honestly, we’re so reckless — surprised it took this long
Hmm. I’ve been on the show – As seen on David Letterman! (In my defense, this is “Odd day”) — so maybe they read CP:
- Is BP the Goldman Sachs of Big Oil? CEO Hayward says to fellow executives: “What the hell did we do to deserve this?” How about a spotty safety record, insistence on voluntary ‘trust me’ self-regulation, a drilling plan that ignored key risks, and failure to use best shut-off technology to save a few bucks?