TVMOB’s talk proves “how easy it is to fabricate data.”
The Viscount Monckton of Brenchley (TVMOB) is a shameless purveyor of hate speech and anti-science disinformation (see links below).
Nonetheless, you rarely see such a thorough debunking of an anti-science disinformer as this astonishing point-by-point evisceration put together by John Abraham, an engineering professor at St. Thomas University in St. Paul, MN.
One of the two reasons you rarely see this is because few people are willing to put in the time and effort that Prof. Abraham has — not merely looking up just about every reference TVMOB uses but actually e-mailing the authors of those scientific papers and asking them if TVMOB has accurately represented their work.
The second reason you rarely see this kind of thorough dismantlement is that few people make stuff up with the relentlessness of TVMOB or push the kind of hate speech that make people want to debunk them entirely:
- Lord Monckton meltdown: “I’m not going to shake the hands of Hitler youth.”
- TVMOB hate speech shocker: Lord Monckton repeats and expands on his charge that those who embrace climate science are “Hitler youth” and fascists.
- TVMOB shocker: Activists decried as “Hitler Youth” for crashing Americans For Prosperity’s global warming event in Copenhagen
- How to diss-a-peer: Real Climate Scientists take on TVMOB
- Deltoid at ScienceBlogs: Monckton’s triple counting and here.
- Irony-gate 2: Modern day Tea Partiers outsource denial to Lord Monckton “” a British peer!
- Climate Crock takes on Lord Monckton aka TVMOB
- Climate Crock takes on Lord Monckton, Part 2
Kudo to Abraham for this masterful debunking.