Resumes are coming in, but I wanted this at the top of the daily 1 pm email!
I am happy to report that ClimateProgress will be hiring a Reporter/Blogger, effectively doubling the full-time staff at CP.
I am quite excited about the opportunity for CP to cover more of the story of the century “” and to gain the ability to do investigative reporting.
The full job description is here and below. Please circulate this job description to anyone you know who you think is qualified and interested.
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Reporter/Blogger to work with Dr. Joseph Romm at ClimateProgress.org and with Kate Gordon on other research products.
- Write content for the blog ClimateProgress.org.
- Pursue investigations on energy and climate.
- Assist with various research projects.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Strong research and writing experience.
- Publications on energy policy, clean energy, oil, climate science, and national politics.
- Familiarity with ClimateProgress.org and the progressive blogosphere.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly respond to news developments.
- Ability to generate original ideas for stories and investigations.
- Master’s degree.
- Knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, RSS, social networking/bookmarking, and media monitoring services helpful but not required.
- Business and international publications/background helpful.
- At least five years of experience in national journalism.
- At least two years experience in policy and/or policy research.
- At least one year experience in blogging.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize our progressive agenda: The Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a non-partisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a non-partisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org.
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org.
To apply, simply e-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor – Communications Search
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Note the email address above. Do not send resumes to me or ClimateProgress.