Climate Science Email Humor

This is kind of big, so the cartoon is after the jump.

The headline, from Firstdog at Crikey, reads:

Bitter Climate Science Tryst Shock Scandal Rift Emails Exposed

10 Responses to Climate Science Email Humor

1. Raul M. says:

I know it may come as a shocking truth to some people; but, I am fairly certain that all real climate scientists have higher IQ’s than I have.
    But, they also probably have higher carbon footprints.
    Beat me in the climate curve. Build your own biochar electricity converter.

2. Some European says:

I can’t see any cartoon…

3. Some European says:

OK. Now I can!

4. Anne says:

Just as deniers mock scientists, it’s fair game for scientists to mock deniers. This cartoon is a good start but personally I’d like to see scientists tap into their collective sense of humor and show a little chutzpah, make fun of the idiotic antics of the flat earth society folks and have some fun doing so!

5. Raul M. says:

Time is up, would you please make that biochar thing now. I’m embarrassed by only having a hobo stove made of tin cans.

6. alteredstory says:

This may be one of the best climate cartoons I’ve seen in a long time.

7. Joan Savage says:

Dangerous (though tempting) suggestion.. I’d rather leave the subject-based humor to those who are clearly joking, like John Stewart and David Colbert, or at least see it in a book classified as Humor. One point of the cartoon above is how a flippant casual comment by a scientist can be given over-wrought importance. Good geek jokes usually need a previously well-informed audience who can detect the incongruity. Those are small audiences.

Not so long ago, someone brought up H.L. Mencken’s 1917 hoax about bathtubs, which Mencken intended as a joke from the start. The unintended consequence was that people took Mencken seriously, and ever since then a myth has circulated about the history of bathtubs in the US, and about President Fillmore.

That’s the kind of pitfall we don’t need at this point.

8. Joan Savage says:

Stephen Colbert, not David Colbert..

9. Artful Dodger says:

Nope, still no cartoons… just a reality show: COPs, Season 19.

10. Mulga Mumblebrain says:

Looks like a mind probe of Chris Mitchell, a Murdoch favourite and editor of ‘The Fundament’ (aka The Australian)the very epicentre of rabid denialism in this country.