By Stephen Lacey

"Rush Limbaugh Says Obama Manipulated Isaac Storm Track To Delay GOP Convention: ‘The Hurricane Center Is … Obama’"

On his radio show today, Rush Limbaugh suggested that the government manipulated hurricane forecasts in order to force Republicans to cancel a day of their national convention, saying the model “allows them to do it.”

“The hurricane center is the regime; the hurricane center is the Commerce Department. It’s the government. It’s Obama,” said Limbaugh.

In reality, the National Hurricane Center forecast is, roughly, what you get if “you average together the track forecasts from” several models, most of which are done by other organizations, in some cases other countries. Obama would have more luck using his apparently omniscient powers to alter the course of the hurricane itself than somehow trying to rejigger the storm tracks from all these different models, which are publicly available and updated continuously.

Limbaugh communicated his absurd theory on this imaginary scheme while simultaneously claiming “I’m not alleging conspiracy.”

His latest conspiracy theory matches the absurdity of his claim from last July, when he said the heat index was “manufactured by the government” in order to convince the American people that it’s hotter outside.

Listen to Limbaugh’s paranoid rant on hurricane forecasting:

Here’s part of the full transcript:

…So this whole thing has been politicized, as the Democrats politicize everything, and that’s why we are talking about it. Now, I want to remind you: All last week… And, no, at no time here am I alleging a conspiracy. At no time. With none of this am I alleging conspiracy. All last week what was the target? Tampa. What was going on in Tampa this week?

The Republican National Convention. A pretty important one, too. Introducing the nominee, Mitt Romney. It’s only after the convention that Romney can actually start spending all of this money that he’s raised, so this convention is very important. It’s a chance to introduce Romney to a lot of people who don’t know him yet. And I noticed that the hurricane center’s track is — and I’m not alleging conspiracies here. The hurricane center is the regime; the hurricane center is the Commerce Department.

It’s the government.

It’s Obama.

And I’m noticing that that track stayed zeroed in on Tampa day after day after day. And the Republicans react to it accordingly over the weekend, canceling the first day of the convention. What could be better for the Democrats than the Republicans to cancel a day of this?

….Again, I’m alleging no conspiracy. I don’t want anybody thinking I’m going somewhere with this. I’m just telling you what happened.

I’m sharing with you my thought process, ’cause I know full well that if you give these people the slightest chance and they’re gonna turn this into Katrina and they’re gonna scare the hell out of New Orleans and they’re gonna revive, “Bush doesn’t care about people” and revive all of it. They’re gonna politicize everything ’cause they do it. And now they had the model runs allowing them to do it.

Now they had these model runs allowing them to start scaring the hell out of people in New Orleans and make political connections to Bush.

It was all there.

I’m afraid Limbaugh isn’t all there….

‹ Arctic Sea Ice Reaches Lowest Extent Ever Measured, Reports National Snow and Ice Data Center

Scenes From An Extreme Summer: ‘We’ve Never Seen Anything Like This Before’ ›

38 Responses to Rush Limbaugh Says Obama Manipulated Isaac Storm Track To Delay GOP Convention: ‘The Hurricane Center Is … Obama’

1. Tim says:

I’m not alleging conspiracy here…I don’t want anybody thinking I’m going somewhere with this…

It’s the government.

It’s Obama.
    (accompanied by ominous sounding music.)

Wow – just wow.
    This is called projection. The Bush administration created a phony “intelligence” organization led by morons like Doug Feith to manufacture and “stovepipe” a rationale for the war in Iraq. So, Rush just figures that Obama controls the evil ‘gubmint ‘modelers’ to phony up the hurricane tracking.

• Mulga Mumblebrain says:

Did HAARP get a mention? I believe it inflames Limbaugh’s haemorrhoids something peculiar, as well. God-is that a tautology?

2. Bill F says:

Yowzer! I clicked this thinking it was going to turn out to be an Onion headline. RL has really beclowned himself with this one.

• Bert Bentley says:

Bill F. your comment coining the term “Beclowned” is too precious to leave on a lonely post. I hope its OK with you if I use this brilliant descriptive verb “Beclowned” in addressing almost all things Republican. Thank you in advance. As Sean Hannity might say (Though not to you) “Bill F. You are a great American”.

3. caroza says:

Who needs Michael Mann when we have access to an authentic genius like this? Somebody nominate him for a Hugo award, quick….

4. Danny says:

“I’m not alleging conspiracy” he says,then he goes on to suggest the Obama administration manipulated hurricaine track to delay the GOP convention, but he still refers to it as hurricaine Katrina. Poor guy doesn’t know what to say.

5. GW says:

It’s been said before, many times, many ways, Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot.

• Mulga Mumblebrain says:

Imagine the distress of his neuro-transmitters as they valiantly attempt to cross the toxic sludge jamming his synapses.

6. wvng says:

The minute I heard that it was tracking west, I knew Limbaugh would do this. It’s what he does. Did he add in anything about the “pointy headed scientists getting it wrong again?”

7. Ed Vim says:

It’s not that I mind so much someone like Rush making really goofy rants like this, the worrisome issue is he has such a loyal fanbase that not only just listen to his show religiously but actually believe him. Hard to imagine America has such a dominant influence in world affairs when we have such a substantial percentage of citizens with such poor to minimal critical thinking skills.

• lois payette says:

Ed Vim, you are so correct… I often wonder about his fans, thinking they might get better info from comic books!

8. catman306 says:

Must be too much hillbilly heroin back in the 90s. Or maybe it’s the company he keeps.
    Just another case of DWM (delusional with microphone).

9. J.C. says:

Blissful strength.

10. MorinMoss says:

With Andrew Breitbart pushing up daisies, I guess Rush felt the need to pick up the slack.

Now all we need is for Alex Jones to drop dead so Limbaugh can really amp up his crazy.

11. @catman306

Limbaugh is 61. We called that weed “Missouri Red” back in the 70s.

12. Mike Roddy says:

This shit fountain is the spiritual leader of the Republican Party, a frightening thought that would be incomprehensible to men like Jefferson or Lincoln.

If we can’t defeat them, maybe secession is called for. It doesn’t matter if they leave the Union or the East or West coasts declare breakaway republics. The people of the South and Center live through hallucinations, and are not recognizable to me.

13. Michael Case says:

*facepalm* thats all. Just *facepalm*

14. Chris says:

I think it’s infinitely more probable that God is just p!ssed off at the republicans.

15. Dianne Bird says:

Does anyone really listen to this guy??? They have to be really crazy to believe anything he has to say. He is out of his mind. I would not believe anything he has to say, Everything he Rants about is simply ridiculous, All the Hillbilly Heroin He has taken must really made him loose his mind!!!

• Bob Doublin says:

Dianne,I assure you they do. I’ve seen comments on facebook of people telling me to listen to him “and learn what the facts really are sometime”There are a lot of gullible fools out there.

16. Rabid Doomsayer says:

If this had been part of a movie plot, you would dismiss it as rediculous. Republican suporters have out onioned the Onion.

• Ray Kondrasuk says:

Joining “beclowned” as a most descriptive term, I nominate
      Rabid Doomsayer’s “to out-onion the Onion”. Tee-hee.

17. BK says:

CHEERS! To “beclowned”!!!

18. Ozonator says:

In a land where every extremist Republican and Christian is a weather-beater, Looter Limbaugh has to blame one of the few people the un-dead know how to spell without using an exotic scientific tool like spell-check.

19. ann says:

boggles the mind, your right, its all those drugs he did, or is still doing,hmm, no logical person could come up with this for real life, this guy needs to be carted away by the guys in those little while coats.. what bothers me is that so many Americans actually believe every word that comes out of this idiots mouth is the truth..

20. NJP1 says:

why can’t we have people like Limbaugh here in the UK, our radio is just so ddddddddddddull by comparison

21. lisa wright says:

Aw c’mom guys… you KNOW Planned Parenthood is sending a Giant Uterus shaped hurricane to the GOP Convention.

22. Bunnie says:

I would laugh if I wasn’t pulling my hair out. How can this IDIOT be a face of the party? Republicans used to be smart and competent, now they are just throwing away all sense intelligence and wisdom and celebrating open stupidity.

23. Chris Winter says:

It takes a chronic liar to imagine he lives in a world where he always tells the truth while the other side always lies. (Although it’s hard to be sure that Limbaugh isn’t just pretending to believe the claptrap he spouts to keep his numbers up: poll numbers and income numbers.)

But he’s not alleging conspiracy. Oh, no. Not at all. /sarc

24. NJP1 says:

imagine–if hurricane Isaac HAD hit Tampa, and Obama had done nothing about it, just think what a not conspiracy that would have made

25. Gerald says:

THE BIG MOUTH PILL POPPER IS REALLY SICK,.

26. James Smith says:

This is good. Limbaugh is making good progress at marginalizing himself and the entire conservative movement.

Each lie he tells is more outrageous than the last. Only his “true believers” can take him seriously. Anyone with even a slight ability to think rationally can see that yes, he IS a “big fat liar.”

I wonder if he has any idea how people outside the USA see him as an example of all that has gone wrong with the USA? He is laughed at and regarded with derision and contempt as are most of the neo-cons.