7 Responses to Climate Progress Is Looking For A Deputy Editor
The current Deputy Editor, Stephen Lacey, will become an editor at Greentech Media, where he’ll be covering the business of cleantech.
Regular readers know what an awesome job Stephen has been doing and how tough it will be to fill his shoes.
The full job description is here and below. Please circulate this job description to anyone you know who you think is qualified and interested.
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Deputy Editor to work with Dr. Joseph Romm at Climate Progress and assist with climate blogging at ThinkProgress.
- Help solicit, edit, and oversee content for the blog at ClimateProgress.org.
- Write daily content for Climate Progress.
- Pursue investigations on energy and climate.
- Assist the ThinkProgress and CAP Energy teams with research and reporting projects.
- Engage on social media and promote content through Facebook and Twitter.
- Monitor print and television media.
- Other tasks as assigned.Qualifications and requirements:
- Strong research and writing experience.
- Previous publications on energy policy, clean energy, oil, climate science, and national politics.
- Familiarity with Climate Progress and the progressive blogosphere.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly respond to news developments.
- Ability to generate original ideas for stories and investigations.
- Master’s degree.
- Knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, and social media helpful but not required.
- Business and/or international background helpful.
- At least five years of experience in national journalism and/or nonprofit blogging.
- At least two years of experience in policy research and/or government.
Full details on applying are here.