Breaking update: Obama went all climate hawk on America in his second inaugural, his longest remarks on the subject in any major national speech, I think. So Charlie and Chelsea — here I come. My post on his address is here.
- The first time the President uses the phrase “climate change” or “global warming,” down the drink of your choice.
- The second time, empty out the liquor cabinet.
- The third time, it’s a weekend in Las Vegas with Charlie Sheen or Chelsea Handler.
This is best called a sobriety game, given the Administration’s obsession with climate silence (see “Team Obama Launched The Inane Strategy Of Downplaying Climate Change Back In March 2009“).
Given that Obama called for increasing fossil fuel production in his last State Of The Union address, and given that we don’t want you plastered before all the parties tonight, I’m adding this:
- Every time Obama talks up domestic oil production, drink one cup of coffee.
- Every time Obama talks up domestic natural gas production, drink one cup of non-herbal tea.
Finally, if Obama mentions “clean coal,” check yourself into the Betty Ford clinic just to be safe.
- Challenged By MTV, Obama Says He Is ‘Surprised’ By His Own Climate Silence*
- Brulle: “By failing to even rhetorically address climate change, Obama is mortgaging our future and further delaying the necessary work to build a political consensus for real action.” Obama has mentioned ‘climate change’, ‘global warming’ or the ‘environment’ fewer times on average than his two predecessors, an article by the UK’s Guardian notes.