- The Failed Presidency of George W. Bush
- Hidden Bombshell in the IPCC Fourth Assessment
- The Great Political Divide on Global Warming
- We Must STOP Building Traditional Coal Plants
- GOP Attack on Gore Makes No Sense At All
- Franken Calls for Crichton-Climate Progress Debate. We Accept.
U.K. conservatives are nothing like their American counterparts. They have recognized the serious threat of global warming and the political (and economic) opportunity in addressing this most challenging of problems. As reported this week:
A Conservative Party advisory group proposed on Thursday a mix of taxes, bans and incentives to green the country’s economy in a bid to beat global warming….
“This is a blueprint for a green revolution,” said group leader and former environment minister John Gummer. “I see no contradiction between greenness and economic success. The green revolution can do for Britain what the industrial revolution did a couple of hundred years ago.”
The conservative plan includes a broad range of policies affecting every aspect of the economy: