"Econ 101: June 11, 2012"
Welcome to ThinkProgress Economy’s morning link roundup. This is what we’re reading. Have you seen any interesting news? Let us know in the comments section. You can also follow ThinkProgress Economy on Twitter.
- The top Democrat on the House Workforce Committee is preparing a bill that would raise the federal minimum wage. [The Hill]
- The European Union provided Spain’s ailing banking sector with a rescue over the weekend. [Reuters]
- Officials in Los Angeles are investigating whether wealthy homeowners received property tax breaks in exchange for campaign donations. [Wall Street Journal]
- Wall Street is preparing to throw its weight around on the various fiscal matters on Congress’ calendar. [Financial Times]
- The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development believes that the economies of China and India are faltering. [Reuters]
- The Senate this week plans to begin debating the more than 80 amendments proposed to this year’s farm bill. [The Hill]