Welcome to ThinkProgress Economy’s morning link roundup. This is what we’re reading. Have you seen any interesting news? Let us know in the comments section. You can also follow ThinkProgress Economy on Twitter.
- More than 7 million households are without power due to Hurricane Sandy. [Washington Post]
- The hurricane’s damage may exceed $20 billion. [Bloomberg]
- Consumer spending and incomes were both up in September. [The Hill]
- Spain’s economy officially contracted for a fifth straight quarter. [Bloomberg]
- Chrysler’s third quarter profits are up 80 percent over a year ago. [CNN Money]
- President Obama floated a plan for creating a “secretary of business” if he wins a second term. [The Hill]