Welcome to ThinkProgress Economy’s morning link roundup. This is what we’re reading. Have you seen any interesting news? Let us know in the comments section. You can also follow ThinkProgress Economy on Twitter.
- Five states will announce plans today to lengthen the school day in some school districts. [Associated Press]
- Wall Street banks are helping their clients avoid new regulations on derivatives. [Reuters]
- The UK is pledging to do more to combat tax avoidance. [Bloomberg]
- Borrowing by small businesses jumped in October, according to the latest data. [Reuters]
- Mega-bank UBS is reportedly near a settlement with U.S. and UK regulators over rigging a key interest rate. [New York Times]
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration will begin looking into air quality in airplane cabins. [Wall Street Journal]
- Walmart workers are petitioning to have the retail giant added to a national wage theft lawsuit. [Huffington Post]