"Econ 101: February 19, 2013"
Welcome to ThinkProgress Economy’s morning link roundup. This is what we’re reading. Have you seen any interesting news? Let us know in the comments section. You can also follow ThinkProgress Economy on Twitter.
- President Obama is planning a new push to encourage Republicans to avoid deep budget cuts scheduled for March. [Reuters]
- France is backing away from austerity. [New York Times]
- Union engineers at Boeing are threatening to strike due to a dispute over retirement benefits. [Bloomberg]
- Europe is threatening to sanction Google unless the internet giant changes its privacy policies. [Financial Times]
- The housing industry is bracing itself for a new rule governing mortgage down payments. [The Hill]
- Underwater mortgages are still weighing on the economic recovery. [The Fiscal Times]
- Germany’s central bank says the country should be able to avoid a recession. [Associated Press]