Welcome to ThinkProgress Economy’s morning link roundup. This is what we’re reading. Have you seen any interesting news? Let us know in the comments section. You can also follow ThinkProgress Economy on Twitter.
- Gold posted its biggest one-day drop in 30 years Monday, falling to a two-year low. [Wall Street Journal]
- Senators unveiled their bipartisan immigration reform bill Tuesday. [Reuters]
- European leaders are split over whether to continue pursuing austerity or to seek both monetary and fiscal stimulus. [New York Times]
- The Smithsonian Museums will close some galleries due to sequestration. [Associated Press]
- The Senate sent its budget to the House, a step toward a conference to reconcile their separate proposals. [The Hill]
- Citigroup’s first quarter profits rose 30 percent. [Wall Street Journal]
- Foreign governments increased their purchases of American Treasury debt in February. [The Hill]