"Econ 101: April 19, 2013"
Welcome to ThinkProgress Economy’s morning link roundup. This is what we’re reading. Have you seen any interesting news? Let us know in the comments section. You can also follow ThinkProgress Economy on Twitter.
- European Union leaders have promised to curb austerity efforts to boost economic growth. [Reuters]
- Despite evidence that it will boost growth, conservatives are planning to use the economy to defeat immigration reform. [Reuters]
- New jobless claims showed little change last week. [Bloomberg]
- Erskine Bowles and Alan Simpson will introduce a second version of their deficit reduction plan today. [Washington Post]
- President Obama’s Labor nominee appeared in front of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions commitee Thursday. [Wall Street Journal]
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is pushing to better protect seniors who deal with financial advisers. [The Hill]
- The Federal Aviation Administration could end its grounding of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner as early as today. [Wall Street Journal]