Conservatives aren’t taking kindly to Mitt Romney’s loss. Indeed, the right wing freakout has been so extreme, and so hyperbolic, that Obama’s win has been heralded by many as the “death of America.”
Here are some of the best right-wing reactions to Romney’s defeat:
1. Neal Boortz compares Obama to a natural disaster. There’s no such thing as too soon for libertarian-leaning radio host Neal Boortz, who compared Obama’s win to Hurricane Sandy, a storm that killed 113 people in the US alone:
Obama a bigger disaster than Sandy.But media didn’t create Sandy as they did Obama, so they feel free to report the destruction.
— Neal Boortz (@Talkmaster) October 30, 2012
2. Victoria Jackson cries, says “America died.” The Saturday Night Live star who turned into an anti-gay right winger took Romney’s loss very, very seriously:
I can’t stop crying.America died.
— Victoria Jackson (@vicjackshow) November 7, 2012
3. The Cincinnati Tea Party declares the death of America. Ohio was the state that pushed Obama over the 270 electoral vote threshold. For Tea Partiers in the state, that was hard to handle. One Cincinnati group’s website claimed America had committed suicide:
4. Rush Limbaugh blames women. Limbaugh, the conservative radio host who seems unable to stop himself from spewing misogny at every opportunity, blamed the gender gap for Obama’s victory, and women for falling into Obama’s trap: “He treats them like vaginas and they say he’s my man,” Limbaugh said on his show.
5. Donald Trump calls for revolution. Trump, whose role in the election has largely been scare-mongering on Twitter, tweeted out this call to arms, but deleted the tweet — and others — later. Perhaps he realized that Obama had in fact won the popular vote:
6. Glenn Beck tells people to buy guns. On his radio show, former Fox host Glenn Beck lamented the downgrade of the country, but promised “I won’t make a deal with the devil… I will tell you last week we purchased more farmland as a family. May I recommend if you have a chance to buy farmland, you buy farmland. If you live in the east may I recommend get the hell out of the east. Find a place where you are surrounded by like-minded people and the best way to find those people is, you should probably look at the maps on how counties voted… May I highly suggest you get grandfathered in to the second amendment today. Oh and don’t forget the ammunition.” Watch it: