In light of the Supreme Court’s 5-4 ruling today upholding the Affordable Care Act as constitutional under Congress’ power of taxation, Congressional Republicans moved quickly to spin this loss as a “massive tax increase.”
But if these Republicans believe that individual mandates constitutes a tax increase, they must therefore believe that Mitt Romney raised taxes in Massachusetts when he signed RomneyCare into law. Here are just some of the scores of House and Senate Republicans who apparently believe Romney is a tax raiser:
- Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY): The Supreme Court has spoken. This law is a tax. The bill was sold to the American people on a deception
- House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH): House Republicans remain committed to #FullRepeal of the president’s health care law and all its tax hikes, fees and mandates
- House Republican Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA): #ObamaCareInThreeWords –> Huge Tax Increase. < -- #FullRepeal #ObamaTax
- Rep. Martha Roby (R-AL): Check out this interview with President Obama from 2009 when he “absolutely” rejects the idea that the healthcare…
- Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R-KS): Flashback: White House sold #Obamacare as “NOT A TAX” in 2009http://1.usa.gov/LDAWsH #hcr #tcot
- Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL): We must now face 2 realities: 1 the Pres #healthcare plan is a new tax & now the law of the land & 2 that #FullRepeal has to be top priority
- Sen. Jerry Moran (R-KS): Health care law still jeopardizes access to quality care for many in KS & stifles job growth via higher taxes & costly regs. #FullRepeal
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH): By imposing coercive tax on Americans, hc law is an unprecedented fed overreach into personal lives. Will continue to fight to repeal it.
- Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV): #ObamaCare has now been affirmed as a colossal #TaxIncrease on middle class Nevadans & @Berkley4Senate voted for it.
- Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX): Ways & Means: Supreme Court’s Health Law Decision Leaves in Place 21 Tax Hikes Costing Taxpayers More Than $675 Billion