Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The Alabama legislature voted to remove language saying that separate schools will be provided for “white and colored children” from its state constitution. In 2011. The amendment still needs to be ratified by the state’s votes.
- Texas lawmakers are trying to revive a massively unconstitutional bill telling the Transportation Security Administration how it gets to do its job.
- Seventy-nine percent of Americans believe that it is time to move on from the abortion debate and focus on issues like broader access to birth control and comprehensive sex education.
- Assisted suicide guru Dr. Jack Kevorkian makes his final exit.
- The Eleventh Circuit upheld a Florida law capping damages in medical malpractice suits.
- And finally, former Sen. John Edwards (D-NC) is going to have a very, very bad day today.