Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Supporters of California’s anti-gay Proposition 8 will ask a judge today to vacate Judge Vaughn Walker’s decision striking down the ban on marriage equality because Walker is gay.
- Former Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray (D) has landed on his feet at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau after narrowly losing his reelection bid in 2010.
- Iceland is opening its constitutional convention up to online comments.
- The Wire Creator David Simon will make a sixth season of the show . . . if the United States reconsiders “continuing prosecution of our misguided, destructive and dehumanising drug prohibition.”
- Justice Alito reveals that the justices all get along because they refuse to talk about cases over lunch.
- And, finally, if you get pulled over for running a red light, hope that you get this judge.