Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The United Nations Human Rights Council passed a resolution calling for an end to anti-gay discrimination.
- Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R-MN), by contrast, promises to appoint anti-gay justices to the Supreme Court.
- Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-SC) thinks the War Powers Resolution is unconstitutional, so President Obama is not required to follow it on Libya.
- Four GOP state senators in Minnesota want the state supreme court to shut down the entire state government if a budget isn’t passed by July 1.
- DOJ approves Virginia’s redistricting maps, depriving Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli of an opportunity to grandstand.
- Cocaine use is up 27 percent and opiate use is up 34 percent since the “war on drugs” began 40 years ago.