"Justiceline: June 22, 2011"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- North Carolina’s harsh budget, which was passed over Gov. Bev Perdue’s (R) veto, may violate the state’s legal guarantee that each child receive a basic education
- The Senate delayed a vote on a bill that would no longer require the full Senate to confirm various minor government positions.
- Minnesota state courts are being bombarded with lawsuits trying to sort out the consequences of a potential government shutdown in that state.
- Justice Sotomayor talks about growing up with diabetes.
- A Texas affirmative action case could be headed up to the Supreme Court.
- Michigan State Rep. Tom McMillin jumps on the nullification bandwagon.