"Justiceline: June 23, 2011"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- A George W. Bush appointed federal judge struck down Florida’s death penalty procedures as unconstitutional.
- Ten GOP senators say pass a balanced budget amendment or they will vote to blow up the entire national economy.
- Michigan residents sued to challenge Gov. Rick Snyder’s (R) “financial martial law” that allows him to effectively seize control of municipal governments.
- Minnesota senate Republicans are fighting in court to make sure an impending government shutdown strips away the government’s power to continue emergency programs necessary to protect people’s lives and health.
- Rep. Nick Rahall (D-WV) says a GOP plan to privatize Amtrak’s rail lines is unconstitutional.