"Justiceline: June 24, 2011"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The corruption trial against former Rep. Rick Renzi (R-AZ) overcame another roadblock as a court of appeals rejected Renzi’s claim that it is unconstitutional to investigate him for corruption.
- Senate Republicans continue to delay a vote against judicial nominee Steve Six because they are upset Six did not lead a witch hunt against Planned Parenthood and Dr. George Tiller.
- Stark County, Ohio needs to figure out how many treasurers it has.
- If you like data mining, you’ll love what the Supreme Court did yesterday.
- And, finally, Chief Justice John Roberts smacks some sense into a bankruptcy judge who was seduced by Anna Nicole Smith — or at least her estate’s legal arguments.