Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The Senate will vote on a long-overdue bill to reduce the number of administration jobs that require Senate confirmation.
- Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Alito agree more than any other justices. Justices Sotomayor and Kagan are a close second.
- Dane County Sheriff David Mahoney has delegated the investigation into whether conservative Justice David Prosser choked a fellow justice to his chief deputy in order to alleviate any questions of bias. Mahoney endorsed Prosser’s opponent in a recent election.
- The sponsor of a California law banning violent video games sales to minors is looking for a way to revive the law after it was struck down by the Supreme Court.
- Florida appealed a recent decision striking down it’s death penalty procedures.
- A Minnesota judge ordered that the state’s courts will remain open in the likely event of a government shutdown next month.