"Justiceline: July 1, 2011"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Ronald Reagan’s former solicitor general calls Judge Jeffrey Sutton’s opinion rejecting a challenge to the Affordable Care Act “devastatingly convincing.”
- A Montana judge struck down a state law restricting access to medical marijuana.
- Jonathan Chait argues that the 14th Amendment was designed specifically to stop people like John Boehner from holding the nation hostage by threatening a debt default
- Justice Ginsburg says the Supreme Court was “not just wrong but egregiously so” in a 5-4 decision saying that a man who spent years on death row after being wrongfully convicted was entitled to no remedy.
- We too miss Sandra Day O’Connor