"Justiceline: July 5, 2011"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) calls suggestions that President Obama can save America from a choice between GOP extortion or crippling default by declaring the debt ceiling unconstitutional “crazy talk.”
- All four federal judges to consider the question have unanimously rejected draconian state anti-immigrant laws as unconstitutional.
- Justice Clarence Thomas writes crazy dissents that none of his colleagues join because Ayn Rand told him to. Seriously.
- The Wall Street Journal tosses Bush-appointed former Scalia clerk Judge Jeffrey Sutton under the bus because Sutton refused to ignore two hundred years of law supporting the Affordable Care Act.
- America’s criminal justice system is so cruel and draconian that even conservatives are starting to push prison reform.
- Justice Ginsburg has no plans to retire.
- And, finally, a nudist in Canada sues for the right to public nudity.