"Justice: June 7, 2011"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli tells the University of Virginia that it is illegal for the university to ban guns on campus.
- A federal judge struck down an Alaska law prohibiting the distribution of sexually explicit material to minors on the grounds that it is impossible to know whether a person online is of age or not.
- 10,000 people signed a petition calling for Justice David Prosser, who allegedly assaulted a fellow justice, to step down.
- Meanwhile, a coalition of women’s groups and elected officials asked Prosser to take a leave of absence until the allegations against him are resolved.
- New York’s judges are leaving the bench to take much more lucrative jobs in law firms.