Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- States that allow same-sex couples to marry have lower divorce rates than states which engage in marriage discrimination.
- Every single Republican senator now supports changing the Constitution to make it impossible for the United States to respond to recessions or other unexpected events by borrowing money
- Ohio conservatives filed petitions to place an obviously unconstitutional provision nullifying health reform on the state’s ballot
- A bipartisan group of 90 law professors call a Hollywood-backed bill to censor websites that allegedly distribute copyrighted material unconstitutional
- President Obama dodged a question on whether the debt ceiling violates the Fourteenth Amendment.