"Justiceline: July 8, 2011"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Rick Perry’s Texas executed a Mexican national in violation of America’s treaty obligations last night, despite pleas from President Obama and former President George W. Bush not to thumb its nose at international law.
- America’s most litigious government official, Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R), files yet another lawsuit — this one challenging net neutrality.
- Harvard Law Professor Larry Tribe dumps all over the idea that the debt ceiling is unconstitutional.
- A federal court will consider whether Texas’ new redistricting maps are unconstitutional next September.
- Virginia Tech, the site of a brutal mass shooting in 2007, is tweaking it’s rule forbidding guns on campus after Cuccinelli issued an claiming that schools need to jump through hoops to keep guns off their campus.