Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) thinks he has the unprecedented power to unilaterally block a judicial nominee who was named before he even became a senator. The nominee, law professor Victoria Nourse, has broad bipartisan support — even from leading right-wingers such as tenther law professor Randy Barnett.
- A federal judge ordered Dixie County, Florida to remove an unconstitutional Ten Commandments monument from the front of its courthouse. We are not making up the name of that county.
- A commission in New York will hold a hearing today to determine how much of a raise that state’s judges deserve.
- A Louisiana judge struck down a newly enacted state law which allows local school districts to waive education regulations.
- A Justice Department report calls into question whether the FBI correctly identified the person who sent anthrax to Capitol Hill a decade ago.