- There have been only two Native American federal judges in American history. Nominee Arvo Mikkanen would be the third — if Sens. Tom Coburn (R-OK) and James Inhofe (R-OK) would take him off double-secret probation.
- Meanwhile, Sen. Ron Johnson’s (R-WI) hometown paper blasts his apparent belief that he can unilaterally veto an otherwise completely uncontroversial Obama nominee to the Seventh Circuit.
- When even Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli backs your claim that you are innocent of the crime you spent 27 years behind bars for, it’s probably a good sign that you should just be let out.
- Alabama Supreme Court Justice Tom Parker, who already has close ties to white supremacy and Roy Moore-style religious fundamentalism, hit the right-wing trifecta yesterday by speaking to a Tea Party group.
- An important test case in Alaska will decide whether transgendered persons are required to undergo gender reassignment surgery before their drivers licenses can reflect their expressed gender.
- Employment discrimination filings hit a record high in 2010.