Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- A divided Ninth Circuit panel tossed out a man’s conviction because his racist and threatening statements against President Obama were protected by the First Amendment.
- Do Supreme Court justices care more about not appearing senile than not appearing unethical?
- The Supreme Court denied a stay of execution to a Texas death row inmate whose only living victim is begging for his life.
- An Oregon federal court will decide whether a public school bus driver can be fired for driving around with a confederate flag displayed on his personal vehicle.
- The House Ethics Committee hired outside counsel to determine whether they botched an investigation into Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA).