"Justiceline: July 22, 2011"
- The Wisconsin Supreme Court’s approval rating dropped 19 points, from 52 to 33, in the last three years. Also in those three years, two corporate-backed candidates were narrowly elected to the court thanks to massive corporate spending and one of those candidates, Justice David Prosser, allegedly grabbed a fellow justice by the neck.
- Even Utah voters support civil unions or marriage equality by a 60 to 39 percent margin.
- Several religious leaders and other groups filed a lawsuit challenging a Florida ballot initiative that would expand the state’s power to shift public funds from public schools to religious schools.
- A California school district faces a lawsuit after a teacher allegedly told a student who wore a Mexico T-shirt to school that “because of people like her…she had to pay high taxes.”
- Anita Hill joined a civil rights law firm in DC. Ginni Thomas immediately demanded an apology.
- And, finally, Justice Sotomayor feels very strongly about how you should cook a chicken.