Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Texas’ Solicitor General suggests in a court filing that the Voting Rights Act may violate the Constitution. Sadly, there may be five justices who agree.
- Justice Elena Kagan is conflicted about her vote to strike down California’s violent video games law.
- Now-retired federal Judge Vaughn Walker struck down California’s anti-gay Prop 8 a year ago yesterday.
- Fox News is thin-skinned.
- Having shackled the economy with this week’s “Satan Sandwich,” Republicans now want to permanently hobble it with a misguided constitutional amendment.
- The American Bar Association’s governing body is being pushed to come out against the obviously unconstitutional claim that children of undocumented immigrants born in the United States are not citizens.