Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The ACLU wrote the Department of Justice asking them to invalidate South Carolina’s new voter disenfranchising “voter ID” law because it violates the Voting Rights Act.
- Republicans hate gays a whole lot more than they love tentherism.
- Obama has the most diverse judicial nominees in American history — too bad the Senate Republicans refuse to stop obstructing them.
- The American Bar Association will vote tomorrow on whether to urge Congress to actually follow the 14th Amendment in setting immigration policy. Apparently, this is somehow controversial.
- Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli defends his claim that the University of Virginia has to allow guns on campus for now.