Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- With Rep. Jason Chaffetz’ (R-UT) announcement that he won’t challenge Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT), it now seems much less likely that Utah will experience another Mike Lee-style coup. The good news for sweat shop owners is that Lee will still be around for at least another five years to push his belief that federal child labor laws violate the Constitution.
- Meanwhile, Lee is just one of several big name conservative elected officials who want to eliminate federal involvement in education.
- The National Science Foundation completely exonerates the climate scientist who is the subject of one of Virginia Ken Cuccinelli’s witchhunts.
- More and more national papers are noticing Rick Perry’s nutty views on the Constitution. Here’s the LA Times’ take.
- Eye witness testimony is unreliable. Will the Supreme Court take notice?
- And, finally, a gentle reminder. Clarence Thomas is not an idiot. He is a dangerous radical, but he is not an idiot.