"Justiceline: August 25, 2011"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Linda Greenhouse reminds us how fast the Supreme Court has fallen. Thirty years ago, the Court’s most conservative member would have been aghast at the Roberts Court’s election buying decision in Citizens United.
- Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad (R) may have violated the state constitution by unilaterally reallocating funds away from government offices benefiting the unemployed.
- A far right Virginia politician has taken to calling himself a “Cuccinelli conservative.”
- Is it unconstitutional for presidents to sign bills by autopen?
- A federal judge in New York held that police need to obtain a warrant before they can get your location from your cell phone company.
- Justice Kagan reiterates her support for cameras in the Supreme Court room.