Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The University of Virgina turned over more than 3,800 pages of documents related to a climate scientist’s research to a conservative anti-environmental group. Many of these documents are the same ones Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R) seeks in a longstanding witchhunt against this scientist.
- Meanwhile, the editorial board of Cuccinelli’s hometown paper is begging him to “drop his own inquiry, apologize to Mann and then apologize to the taxpayers.”
- Thomas Drake, the former NSA executive who was prosecuted for blowing the whistle on the agency’s illegal activity, tells his story in the Washington Post.
- Politico embarrasses itself by publishing Chuck Norris’ paranoid fantasy about the United Nations coming to American and stealing all our guns.
- The Iowa Supreme Court will start streaming oral arguments live online. The U.S. Supreme Court should take note.