"Justiceline: August 30, 2011"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- California Supreme Court nominee Goodwin Liu will receive his confirmation hearing tomorrow. He is widely expected to be confirmed.
- Even though a special prosecutor decided not to bring criminal charges against Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser for placing his hands on a fellow justice’s neck, Prosser could still face sanctions from the state’s judicial discipline commission.
- California Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye is backing off an attempt to put cameras in the states’ courtrooms following objections from trial judges.
- The U.S. Supreme Court is deciding more and more cases based on amicus briefs.
- Judge James Ware held a hearing yesterday to determine whether to release video footage of last year’s Prop 8 trial.