Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- A Bachmann-aligned Super PAC has launched an ad campaign attacking Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) as insufficiently hostile towards immigrants.
- A Florida judge rejected a challenge by two Members of Congress trying to strike down a state constitutional amendment limiting partisan gerrymanders in that state.
- Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R) will have to wait a little longer to find out if he can continue his witchhunt against a leading climate scientist.
- A federal judge in Michigan struck down that states’ ban on protests at funerals.
- JoAnne Kloppenburg, who was narrowly defeated in her bit to unseat conservative Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser, will run for a court of appeals seat.
- A strange quirk in the Nevada Constitution will cause the state to have three different chief justices each serve consecutive eight month terms.