Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Former Vice President Dick Cheney says that he “certainly do[es]n’t have any problem” with marriage equality.
- The Ninth Circuit reached the obviously correct decision that public school teachers do not have a constitutional right to try to convert their students to Christianity.
- The federal judiciary’s policy-making body instructed judges to be more reluctant to seal the entire record of a case under a veil of secrecy.
- The Arizona Court of Appeals struck down a city ordinance prohibiting nighttime panhandling.
- Federal officials ordered the Cherokee Nation to stop excluding descendants of its members’ former slaves.